We keep receiving questions about the new B1 Off-Camera Flash, and we keep doing our best to answer them!
NEWS: We have created a completely new and up to date Off-Camera Flash System FAQ where we have gathered all your great questions about the B1, the brand new B2, Air TTL and Light Shaping Tools and merged them all together. Because of that, all the answers to your questions below are to be found here: See you over there!
The new FAQ will continuously be updated. So if you have a question that isn’t answered there, leave a comment or tweet us, and we’ll insert it into the FAQ as soon as we can.
1) With which cameras can I shoot TTL with the B1?
See question 4.1in the Off-Camera Flash FAQ.
2) Can I use the B1 with cameras other than Nikon or Canon?
Yes! See full response in question 4.2 in the Off-Camera Flash FAQ.
3) Can I use the Air Remote TTL-C or Air Remote TTL-N with older Profoto flashes and thereby access the TTL functionality?
See question 4.4 in the Off-Camera Flash FAQ.
4) Can I use the standard Air Remote to sync and control the B1 off-camera flash?
See question 4.3 in the Off-Camera Flash FAQ.
5) Can I use the Air Remote TTL-C or Air Remote TTL-N to sync and control other Profoto flashes?
See question 4.5 in the Off-Camera Flash FAQ
6) Will there be an Air Remote TTL-N for Nikon cameras?
The Air Remote TTL-N was released in September 2014.
7) Why did Profoto choose to release the Air Remote TTL-C for Canon cameras before the Air Remote TTL-N for Nikon cameras?
The short answer is: backwards engineering is a tricky business. In other words, it’s not because we like one better than the other. We love Nikon cameras and would’ve preferred to release both at once. But as it turned out, one was finished before the other, and rather than waiting several months before releasing the B1 off-camera flash, we did it this way.
8) Will there be any additional Air Remotes for other camera brands?
See question 4.7 in the Off-Camera Flash FAQ.
9) Can I use the B1 with my Speedlights, PocketWizard® or other radio triggers?
See question 3.19 in the Off-Camera Flash FAQ.
10) What is Quick Burst Mode and how does it work?
See question 3.13 in the Off-Camera Flash FAQ.
11) Does the B1 Off-Camera Flash support High Speed Sync (HSS)?
See question 3.17 in the Off-Camera Flash FAQ.
See question 3.11 in the Off-Camera Flash FAQ.
13) Can you connect the B1 off-camera flash to the wall outlet?
See question 3.7 in the Off-Camera Flash FAQ.
14) Can I use my D1 accessories, such as grids and glass domes, with the B1?
See question 3.3 in the Off-Camera Flash FAQ.
15) Can I replace the B1’s flash tube myself?
See question 3.15 in the Off-Camera Flash FAQ.
16) How many full power flashes can I get out of a single battery?
See question 3.16 in the Off-Camera Flash FAQ.
17) I’m thinking of using the LED modeling light for video. What is the color temperature?
See question 3.14 in the Off-Camera Flash FAQ.
18) Will there be any other versions of the B1 released, such as a 250Ws or 1.000Ws version?
See question 3.20 in the Off-Camera Flash FAQ.
Trackback from your site.