How to create a business out of lifestyle photography
Learn important photography business aspects, what goes into building a successful portfolio and keeping up with social media.
100% satisfaction guaranteed. We offer full refunds up to 14 days after purchase.
About this course
This course is in English.
Emma teaches important business and editing aspects of photography. What her workflow looks like, getting behind-the-scenes material, managing assignments with clients, agents and art directors, staying aware of trends and what sells, and lastly.. what goes into building a successful portfolio and keeping up with social media.
Suitable for all levels of knowledge
Duration: 1 h 22 min
What you get in this course
- Instant knowledge on lifestyle photography
- Ability to elevate content from reality to Instagram
- Knowledge on how to mix ambient and flash
- Tools to grow your content business
Discover how to:
- Improve your behind-the-scenes images
- Improve your image editing and workflow
- Handle an assignment/brief/debrief client
- Work with an agent Art Director
- Get satisfied customer
- Trends – what does the market want/what sells
- Manage your portfolio & social media
Here are some things that are good to know, as well as useful gear to use for this course. These are simply recommendations, not requirements.
To do the exercises you need at least one light for off-camera use.
For the final hero image in this course we used:
- 2 x light for on- and off-camera use
- 1 x strip box
- 1 x color gel
- Extras: light stands
Lighting skill level: Suitable for all levels of knowledge
Camera skill level: Comfortable handling a camera in manual mode
Frequently Asked Questions
A series consists of two or more courses from the same photographer. If you buy a series, you will benefit from a bundled offer for the entire package. Also, when you complete a series, you’ll receive personal feedback from one of our instructors and become a Certified Light Shaper.
No. All our courses are designed to improve your photography, regardless of what equipment you’re using.
As soon as we’ve received payment, you can view or take all your courses online - simply by logging on to the Profoto Academy website. You’ll find your courses at the Profoto Academy start page.