Bridal preparation - Beauty and street photography
Part 1 of 3 in the Wedding Portraits series
100% satisfaction guaranteed. We offer full refunds up to 14 days after purchase.
About this course
The perfect time to capture beautiful close-ups and fresh make-up is when the bride is preparing. So take advantage of this opportunity to adopt interesting angles for the wedding album. You’ll learn how to make the best use of window light and mix it with flash to light the bride in different ways. From a hotel room to the alleyways of Venice, find beautiful textures and lighting in different scenarios. Let your bride shine in an urban location and add some drama using flash out on the street – a signature Yervant style.
Lighting skill level: Basic
Duration: 37 min
What you get in this course
- Online light shaping course
- Downloadable step-by-step guide
- Scenario based teaching from real life photographic shoots
- Unlimited access on all devices
Discover how to:
Look for different light sources in a room (eg window light & tungsten)
Capture great early close-ups with a macro lens when make-up is at its best
Mix ambient light and flash in small spaces
- Add drama using a single flash on the street
- 1 x light for off-camera use
- 1 x beauty dish or similar light modifier of choice
- Lighting skill level: Basic
- No or little experience of off-camera lighting
- Want to start exploring simple lighting techniques
- Camera skill level: Comfortable handling the camera in manual mode
Frequently Asked Questions
A series consists of two or more courses from the same photographer. If you buy a series, you will benefit from a bundled offer for the entire package. Also, when you complete a series, you’ll receive personal feedback from one of our instructors and become a Certified Light Shaper.
No. All our courses are designed to improve your photography, regardless of what equipment you’re using.
As soon as we’ve received payment, you can view or take all your courses online - simply by logging on to the Profoto Academy website. You’ll find your courses at the Profoto Academy start page.