From blur to bokeh - Creative fashion lighting
100% satisfaction guaranteed. We offer full refunds up to 14 days after purchase.
About this course
Study some advanced fashion lighting techniques and learn how to add creativity to your studio lighting, so your photos make an impact. Inject movement and energy into your shoot by combining continuous light and strobe during a long exposure. And control your light using grids and barn doors. Lastly, learn how to create the soft, hazy ‘bokeh’ effect, using gels to add color and express your creative vision.
Lighting skill level: Intermediate
Duration: 54 min
What you get in this course
- Online light shaping course
- Downloadable step-by-step guide
- Scenario based teaching from real life photographic shoots
- Unlimited access on all devices
Discover how to:
- Add movement and energy to images using continuous and flash lighting with a long exposure
- Control your lighting using grids and barndoors
- Use color and bokeh to help express your creative vision
- Photograph with grids and barn doors to control the of spill light
- 2 x lights for off camera use
- 1 x beauty dish with grid or similar light modifier of your choice
- 1 x barndoor
- 1 x color gel
- Lighting skill level: Intermediate
- Some understanding of artificial lighting and how it impacts an image
- Experience of working with additional lighting to achieve a specific look
- Camera skill level: Comfortable handling the camera in manual mode
Frequently Asked Questions
A series consists of two or more courses from the same photographer. If you buy a series, you will benefit from a bundled offer for the entire package. Also, when you complete a series, you’ll receive personal feedback from one of our instructors and become a Certified Light Shaper.
No. All our courses are designed to improve your photography, regardless of what equipment you’re using.
As soon as we’ve received payment, you can view or take all your courses online - simply by logging on to the Profoto Academy website. You’ll find your courses at the Profoto Academy start page.