How to take better images with your smartphone
100% satisfaction guaranteed. We offer full refunds up to 14 days after purchase.
About this course
This course is in English.
In this course, photographer and smartphone expert Austin Mann teaches you the useful ways to take better images with your smartphone. This course is packed with tips and tricks for taking portraits, lifestyle and food images with your smartphone. You’ll get a better understanding of when, why and how to use lights to help you stand out from the crowd and create a look of your own.
Suitable for all levels of knowledge.
Duration: 49 min
What you get in this course
- Online light shaping course
- Scenario based teaching from real life photographic shoots
- Unlimited access on all devices
Discover how to:
- Get the most out of your smartphone as a camera in low-light situations
- Take better selfies and amazing portraits
- Create a lifestyle image
- Capture a stunning food image
- Use bouncing techniques with an off-camera light
- Assess available light
- Handle the most common challenging conditions
- Choose the type and direction of light with your flash
- Shape light easily with an off-camera flash
To do the exercises you need at least one light for off-camera use.
Lighting skill level: Beginner
Camera skill level: None
Frequently Asked Questions
A series consists of two or more courses from the same photographer. If you buy a series, you will benefit from a bundled offer for the entire package. Also, when you complete a series, you’ll receive personal feedback from one of our instructors and become a Certified Light Shaper.
No. All our courses are designed to improve your photography, regardless of what equipment you’re using.
As soon as we’ve received payment, you can view or take all your courses online - simply by logging on to the Profoto Academy website. You’ll find your courses at the Profoto Academy start page.