How to take great wedding group portraits
100% satisfaction guaranteed. We offer full refunds up to 14 days after purchase.
About this course
This course is in English.
Learn how to take formal group portraits, wedding party portraits and table shots.
In this course, which is an excerpt from the Fundamentals of wedding photography, you'll learn how to take formal group portraits, wedding party portraits and table shots. Jared Platt will teach you how to create a more natural-looking group portraits of small and large groups. You’ll learn how match the ambient light that already exists with the appropriate modifier, your subject will look as though they belong in the scene and rather than being lit by your strobes, they were lit by the existing light.
This is a real wedding, with real clients and real challenges. So join Jared Platt on a destination wedding in the Bahamas and learn how to overcome challenges and succeed at any wedding, anywhere, no matter what.
Suitable for all levels of knowledge.
Duration: Approximately 27 minutes.
What you get in this course
- One lesson in large group wedding photography
- Scenario based teaching from real life photographic shoots
- Unlimited access on all devices
Discover how to
- Learn what you need to prepare and do before the wedding.
- Get to know your equipment and how light works.
- Take large group portraits.
- What to consider and how to execute large groups portraits with minimal resources.
Here are some things that are good to know, as well as useful gear to use for this course. These are simply recommendations, not requirements.
- 3 x lights for off-camera
- 1 x umbrella or similar light modifier of choice
- 1 x hard light modifier of choice
- Lighting skill level: Basic
- No or little experience of off-camera lighting
- Want to start exploring simple lighting techniques
- Camera skill level: Comfortable handling the camera in manual mode
Frequently Asked Questions
A series consists of two or more courses from the same photographer. If you buy a series, you will benefit from a bundled offer for the entire package. Also, when you complete a series, you’ll receive personal feedback from one of our instructors and become a Certified Light Shaper.
No. All our courses are designed to improve your photography, regardless of what equipment you’re using.
As soon as we’ve received payment, you can view or take all your courses online - simply by logging on to the Profoto Academy website. You’ll find your courses at the Profoto Academy start page.