Bienvenido a Profoto Academy
Profoto Academy es una plataforma formación online donde encontrarás prácticos e inspiradores cursos en vídeo impartidos por algunos de los mejores fotógrafos y educadores del mundo.
En estos momentos, la sección Academy de nuestra web y los materiales del curso están disponibles solo en inglés.
The magic of childhood - Studio portraiture
100% satisfaction guaranteed. We offer full refunds up to 14 days after purchase.
About this course
In this course, Sandy gives you a step-by-step guide on how to build up your studio session with lighting. Discover some easy ways to make your studio photography more creative and magical, so your enchanted clients come back for more. You’ll find out how to diversify your offer to your client and produce a variety of images by using a beautiful, yet simple three-light setup. Then you’ll explore how to conceptualize a shoot by creating a fantasy set using props and costumes. And you’ll add even more magic with some creative post processing tips.
Lighting skill level: Intermediate
Duration: 39 min
What you get in this course
- Online light shaping course
- Scenario based teaching with real life photographic shoots
- Downloadable step-by-step guide
- Unlimited access on all devices
Discover how to:
- Conceptualize a shoot using props and costumes
- Shoot using a 3 light set-up in studio
- Build up the main light, kicker light and background light step by step
- Create a fantasy set-up with seasonal themes to refresh your portfolio
Here are some things that are good to know, as well as useful gear to use for this course. These are simply recommendations, not requirements.
- 3 x lights for off camera use
- 1 x large octagon softbox or similar light modifier of choice
- 1 x strip softbox with grid or similar light modifier of choice
- 1 x grid of choice
- Lighting skill level: Intermediate
- Strongly recommend taking the other courses in the Family portrait series
- Want to start exploring simple lighting techniques
- Camera skill level: Comfortable handling the camera in manual mode
Frequently Asked Questions
A series consists of three or four courses from the same photographer. If you buy a series, you will benefit from a bundled offer for the entire package. Also, when you complete a series, you’ll receive personal feedback from one of our instructors and become a Certified Light Shaper.
No. All our courses are designed to improve your photography, regardless of what equipment you’re using.
As soon as we’ve received payment, you can view or take all your courses online - simply by logging on to the Profoto Academy website. You’ll find your courses at the Profoto Academy start page.