Up close and personal - Beauty lighting
Part 1 of 3 in the Fashion Lighting series
100% satisfaction guaranteed. We offer full refunds up to 14 days after purchase.
About this course
Discover how to build up lighting to enhance your beauty photography. In the low-key setup you’ll see how to create razor sharp images using cinefoil and special light shaping tools like the projection spot. Then Lindsay builds up to a high key setup using a large softbox as back light and demonstrates the wrap lighting concept. She also uses a variety of light shaping tools, such as a beauty dish, grid and softbox - sometimes for theatrical effects. And she’ll share some of her skin retouching techniques with you.
Lighting skill level: Intermediate
What you get in this course
- Online light shaping course
- Downloadable step-by-step guide
- Scenario based teaching with real life photographic shoots
- Unlimited access on all devices
Discover how to:
• Work with flash to create a low-key and high-key lighting set-up
• Use different light modifiers, eg beauty dish, grid, softbox and projection spot
• Set up and use wrap lighting
• Approach skin retouching in a professional way
Here are some things that are good to know, as well as useful gear to use for this course. These are simply recommendations, not requirements.
- 2 x lights for off-camera use
- 1 x beauty dish or similar light modifier of your choice
- 1 x large softbox
- 1 x flag or material of choice to remove or block light
- Lighting skill level: Intermediate
- Some understanding of artificial lighting and how it impacts an image
- Experience of working with additional lighting to achieve a specific look
- Camera skill level: Comfortable handling the camera in manual mode
Frequently Asked Questions
A series consists of three or four courses from the same photographer. If you buy a series, you will benefit from a bundled offer for the entire package. Also, when you complete a series, you’ll receive personal feedback from one of our instructors and become a Certified Light Shaper.
No. All our courses are designed to improve your photography, regardless of what equipment you’re using.
As soon as we’ve received payment, you can view or take all your courses online - simply by logging on to the Profoto Academy website. You’ll find your courses at the Profoto Academy start page.
Explore more series at Profoto Academy
Choose series from other fields of photography