Capturing the early years - Baby Photography
Part 1 of 4 in the Family Portraits series
100% satisfaction guaranteed. We offer full refunds up to 14 days after purchase.
About this course
You’ll initially study how to photograph a baby in natural daylight and then mix ambient and flash light together. Sandy will show you different techniques to control lighting in a home environment. For example, you’ll see how to create a soft, diffuse and flattering light by bouncing it off a neutral colored wall or ceiling. You’ll learn about both full body and close up shots, how to use a two light set-up, as well as five great poses for mother and baby.
Lighting skill level: Basic
Duration: 36 min
What you get in this course
- Online light shaping course
- Scenario based teaching from real life photographic shoots
- Downloadable step-by-step guide
- Unlimited access on all devices
Discover how to:
- Look for available light sources in a room, eg window light
- Work safely and comfortably with a newborn
- Photograph a newborn in natural daylight
- Mix natural daylight and flash
- Shoot using a two light set-up, including barn doors
- Use 5 poses for mother and baby
- 2 x lights for off-camera use
- 1 x umbrella or similar light modifier of choice
- 1 x light modifier for restricting light (e.g. barndoor)
- Lighting skill level: Basic
- No or little experience of off-camera lighting
- Want to start exploring simple lighting techniques
- Camera skill level: Comfortable handling the camera in manual mode
Frequently Asked Questions
A series consists of two or more courses from the same photographer. If you buy a series, you will benefit from a bundled offer for the entire package. Also, when you complete a series, you’ll receive personal feedback from one of our instructors and become a Certified Light Shaper.
No. All our courses are designed to improve your photography, regardless of what equipment you’re using.
As soon as we’ve received payment, you can view or take all your courses online - simply by logging on to the Profoto Academy website. You’ll find your courses at the Profoto Academy start page.