Global Category ManagerSundbyberg, Stockholm, Sweden
Do you want to join an international organization that provides world-class products to the world’s best image creators? Are you a great fit for a team and workplace where change is embraced and encouraged? Do you want to be one of the key players in ensuring exciting new product launches in a fast growing company?
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Global Category Manager to join our global category management team. You will be representing Profoto in sourcing related activites and you will be managing the category team work and transition to meet tomorrow’s requirements and growing demand.
You will be located in Sundbyberg at Profoto’s HQ (just outside Stockholm). You should however anticipate that the position requires frequent business trips to meet with suppliers and partners around the world (30-50 days per year).
As Profoto's Global Category Manager you will be working closely together with R&D, Product Management and Supply Chain. You will be a part of a team responsible for the selection process, management and development of the category structured supplier base in Europe and Asia. You will create the category specific strategies required and manage the suppliers within your categories to optimize quality, cost and deliveries to Profoto’s contract manufacturers in Europe, Asia and to our central warehouse.
Your main areas:
- Supplier selection and Supplier development
- Creating required strategies and plans for your categories
- Management of supplier agreements/contracts and negotiations
- Supporting product development projects
- Quality and cost assurance activities (from TCO perspective)
- Delivery assurance activities, including capacity planning
- Master data management in the ERP-system
- 5-10 years of applicable work experience
- Minimum Bachelor degree, preferably Master degree (Engineering, Business Administration, Economy)
- Experience in strategic sourcing and preferably with category management on an international level
- Experience in driving change and development work
- Proven people management skills
- Fluent in written and spoken Swedish and English
You have strong negotiation skills and you are a person that knows how to create and maintain long term relationships, internally and externally. You enjoy working cross functionally but are also well equiped to drive individual tasks. You are strategically, commercially and quality driven, always striving to find a better solution in everything you do as well as finding a structured approach in an ever changing environment.
Your personal traits:
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Interest in technology, i.e. HW products and related development and production activities
- Customer oriented mindset
- Experience from quality assurance work (PPAP) and supplier audits are meritorious
Want to join Profoto – The Light Shaping Company?
If you feel you have what it takes to work with us and become the Category Manager, please send an application with your CV, personal letter, and education records from university and high school to our recruiter Carina Agnekull at email@example.com
Only applications containing the required documents will be processed. If you have any questions, please contact Carina Agnekull via email or at +46 (0)70-857 66 06.
Last day to apply is 8th Aug 2019. Interviews will take place on a continuous basis.
Profoto is more than a brand. Profoto is more than the world-leading light shaping products we make.
Profoto is dedicated to making every image the best it can possibly be by helping the creator bring the very best quality of light to the image. And when you consider there are literally billions of images taken every single day, you start to truly understand the full extent of our commitment to light shaping excellence. That dedication and passion have been in / have been a part of our DNA from the very beginning.
What we offer
Innovation has secured our position as the leading choice for the world’s best photographers. So, our culture is creative, entrepreneurial, forward thinking and agile. That’s why we’re looking for the very best and the very brightest to help make us better. Talented and driven people who are keen to enter a growing and fast paced environment where responsibility is given early.
As a result, we’ve created a company where high achievers will be given every opportunity to grow, develop, and contribute on an international stage. That is massively important for us because ultimately - your success is our success.
CEO: Anders Hedebark
Headquarters: Sundbyberg, Stockholm
Offices: Tokyo, Hamburg, Paris, London, New York and Toronto