Senior Product ManagerSundbyberg, Sweden
Are you a product manager with courage?
In our consumer electronics industry we see fast technology shifts and an increasingly competitive environment.
We need product managers who can stand up for their products and strategic decisions.
Profoto is a global leader in photographic lighting equipment. Our innovative dynamic team has embarked on a growth journey including digitalization and more focus on combined software and hardware products.
We now need to strengthen our team with a Senior Product Manager asone of our PM’s was promoted as MD of our subsidiary in Germany.
The product manager position is based at Profoto’s HQ in Sundbyberg, Stockholm, Sweden.
Whom we are looking for
Your role as entrepreneur for your products defines our expectations on your personal skills:
Enthustiastic – you are the evangelist for your products.
Courageous - making decisions based on available data and strategic prioritizations.
Knowledgable - you are the master of your area. In particular in understanding the real needs of consumers, but also how to reach them through marketing and sales channels.
Humble - being the ”donut-guy” – helping your colleagues and partners succeed in their areas.
You will lead hardware and software products enabling more image creators to develop their craftmanship in photography through lighting.
You will be responsible for:
- Based on data driven insights on market development, competitors and our own capabilities, define and execute product strategies
- Development of new products, services and activities to create an attractive offering within your product segment to support our ambitious growth targets.
- Launching new products, including pricing, target group definition, value proposition, positioning, packaging and required marketing efforts.
- Define educational and sales support material for efficient launches.
- Continuously managing the product over the life cycle – driving product enhancements and supply chain optimization.
- On a monthly basis analyze and drive actions to increase sales of your products.
Our ambition is that the product manager should take on a P&L responsibility for their segment and initiate necessary actions in all parts of our organization but also with external development, sourcing and marketing partners.
You will work closely with project and line managers in technology, marketing specialists and our global sales organization.
As a product manager you will report to our vice president of product management but also present new business cases and launch proposals directly to our Executive Management Group.
- You hold an MSc in Engineering or Business
- You have experience working with technology and consumer products
- You have a good understanding of both HW and SW offerings
- A passion for photography is a plus
- International experience from working in a consumer industry with B2C
- You are a natural leader with strong communication skills
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance
- Structured and comfortable handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate a vision while getting hands on with R&D and marketing activities
- You have personal drive, determination and a can-do attitude
Who you are
- A true leader and team player
- Communicative and structured, with an understanding of how to work cross-functionally and on a global level, with the ability to motivate people in a matrix organisation
- Driven and accountable; delivers projects that comply with high standards, on time, and within budget
- Focused and persistent, with a drive to learn and grow
- Analytical and data-driven in decision-making, exhibits sound business judgement
- Curious and creative, with an understanding or willingness to dig into your target group’s needs and behavior
- Fluent in English, preferably also in Swedish and another language
Want to join Profoto – The Light Shaping Company?
If you see yourself as a Senior Product Manager, please send an application with your CV, personal letter, and education records from university and high school to our recruiter Lars Janesköld at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applications containing the required documents will be processed.
Last day for application is 2018-05-15. Interviews will take place on a continuous basis.
Profoto is more than a brand. Profoto is more than the world-leading light shaping products we make.
Profoto is dedicated to making every image the best it can possibly be by helping the creator bring the very best quality of light to the image. And when you consider there are literally billions of images taken every single day, you start to truly understand the full extent of our commitment to light shaping excellence.
That dedication and passion have been imprinted in our DNA from the very beginning.
50 years ago, our founders Conny Dufgran and Eckhard Heine resolved to make the very best flash for the very best photographers, and they succeeded. That’s a standard that we don’t only aim to maintain, but to surpass.
Because we believe that light is the indispensable heart of all image creation, no matter what the camera, no matter what the situation, the ability to create amazing images is directly linked to the ability to master light shaping.
That core principle is the key to enabling a world filled with incredible images and the purpose of every single light shaping tool we make.