Controller identity and contact information
Profoto AB is the controller of the personal data we collect when you use our website and services. For questions or inquiries, please contact us at Profoto AB, Landsvägen 57A, 172 65 Sundbyberg, 08-447 53 00, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal information - definition, collection and use
Personal information is all information that relates directly or indirectly to an identifiable individual person. Profoto collects personal information about you in three different situations:
- When visiting our website - We store and process information regarding your usage of our website. The purpose is to improve your website user experience.
- When subscribing to our newsletter - We store and process your e-mail address and country. We may also collect information regarding your usage of the newsletter, such as whether you have read it or not. The purpose is personalization and to improve newsletter content.
- When creating an account - We store and process information that you have provided us with (such as contact information, registered products and interests etc.), and information regarding your usage of our website. The purpose is personalization and to provide better customer care and service to you.
How we use your personal information
The personal information we collect will be used:
- to send important notices to you, such as communication about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- to keep you posted about Profoto’s latest product announcements, firmware and software updates, and upcoming events, by sending you newsletters, offerings and other news. If you do not want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out at any time by simply clicking the appropriate link for opt out in the footer of any newsletter.
- to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, advertising and customer communication by internal auditing, data analyzing and research of the personal information and preferences you have shared with us to administrate sweepstakes, contests or similar promotion programs if you participate in such events.
- to fulfill any obligations we have according to law, such as accounting and tax regulations.
Our processing is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations towards you as a customer. If you are not willing to provide Profoto with the information requested to perform our contractual obligations towards you as a customer, we will not able to provide you with our products and services. Our processing as regards marketing is based on our commercial interest to market our products and services to customers and potential customers.
Disclosure to third parties
Profoto may disclose and share certain personal information to strategic partners that work with Profoto to provide or improve Profoto products and services, or that help Profoto to market its products and services to customers. Personal information will not be shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Profoto may disclose and share personal information with Profoto’s service providers, namely companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, accounting, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information according to data processing agreements.
Protection of personal information
Profoto takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to protect your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
When you use some of Profoto products, services, or applications or post in a Profoto forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information that you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and e-mail address in a forum posting, that information is then public. Please take care when using these features.
Profoto makes it easy for you to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date. Upon your request, Profoto will rectify your data. If certain conditions are met, Profoto will erase your data or restrict the processing of your data, upon your request. Profoto is also obligated to, upon your request, confirm whether or not personal data regarding you is being processed as well as give you access to information regarding the processing. You also have the right to receive personal data that has been provided by you to Profoto in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format, for example to be able to transmit those data to another controller. We are obligated to meet a request from you regarding these rights within a one month period. This period may in some cases be extended by two months. All requests can be made by e-mail to email@example.com.
We will retain your personal information for 5 years after your last contact with us. If you have purchased one of our products, we will retain the personal information needed during the course of the product’s life length.
If you experience an infringement of your rights according to the GDPR, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority of your country of residence, or to Datainspektionen, Sweden (http://www.datainspektionen.se/in-english/).
Third-party websites and services
Profoto websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Profoto cannot take any responsibility for the content of such third-party websites and encourage you to obtain information about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Transfer to third countries