Latest firmware updates
29 June, 2021
Nikon specific improvements
- Auto focus assist on Profoto on-camera flashes is fixed for all supported Nikon cameras
- Camera Auto White Balance is improved for all supported Nikon cameras.
Canon specific improvements
- Canon EOS R6 added to list of supported Canon camera models.
- TTL issue at short focus distances (<1 meter) is fixed for all supported mirrorless Canon EOS cameras.
- EOS R
- EOS R5
- EOS R6
- EOS 1DX Mk III (in mirrorless mode)
- For other camera brands this firmware update does not change anything, but we recommend you to always have the latest firmware installed on all your Profoto devices.
31 May, 2021
- Flash AWB fix for all supported Nikon cameras
- Internal code changes and minor bugfixes for improved operation and stability
03 March, 2021
09 March, 2020
- No feature changes.
- Minor bugfixes.
20 November, 2019
- Minor bugfixes from previous version C5.
- Mac installer fixed for macOS Catalina.
30 September, 2019
- "On (Transmit only)" is added to the list of user selectable Air settings. If you are using A1/A1X on camera and activate this setting you can use it to trigger and control other lights on selected channel but your A1/A1X cannot be triggered or controlled by others.
- Minor bug fixes.
15 May, 2019
- More Air channels are added. Channel 9-20 are added to previous channels 1-8.
- Redesigned and improved user interface (for the A1).
- Improved save-settings handling.
- Various minor fixes.
30 November, 2018
Profoto A1 for Canon
- The update adds camera compatibility with Canon EOS R.
- Note that EOS R doesn´t support the AF assist on the A1. It will use on-camera LED as AF assist.
Profoto A1 for Nikon
- The update adds camera compatibility with Nikon Z6 and Z7.
- Note that Z6 and Z7 doesn't support the AF assist on the A1. They will use on-camera LED as AF assist.
To access the latest firmware in My Profoto, you need to be logged in and register your product.