A1X for Nikon The world’s smallest studio light
Product number: 901205-INT
The Profoto A1X is designed with light shaping capabilities; it has a unique round head with a soft, smooth fall-off that makes it easy to create a natural and beautiful light. It also includes a smart magnetic mount and dedicated Light Shaping Tools that click on and off quickly and easily. They can be stacked for more creative options. The A1X also offers a built-in LED modeling light that makes it easy to position the light and understand how light and shadows work together.
And it’s extremely easy to use. The user interface is large, clean and clear. Like all Profoto products, it’s intuitive to use and you don’t need to read a long instruction manual to understand how it works. AirTTL remote is also built in to the A1X. With AirTTL and HSS you create professional results fast and easy and with the remote you can seamless connect to other Profoto flashes and control them easily from the A1X.
Profoto A1X is not only an on-camera flash, it’s also very effective off-camera as a standalone unit. The A1X has its own Li-Ion high capacity exchangeable battery that lasts up to four times longer than AA batteries with no performance fade, and a facility to recharge quickly - so you can shoot for longer with confidence. And the A1X can keep up with you because it recycles four times faster than other on-camera solutions – that’s 1.0s at full power. Put simply, you’ll never miss a shot.
For compatible cameras, see the Technical specifications tab.
- Round head with soft, smooth and natural fall off.
- AirTTL and HSS for a beautiful professional image fast.
- Smart magnetic click-on mount (patent pending) for A1X Light Shaping Tools.
- Dedicated A1X Light Shaping Tools available.
- LED modeling light integrated to the head.
- Air Remote built-in.
- Rechargeable and exchangeable Li-Ion battery.
- 450 full power flashes per charge.
- 1.0s recycling time.
- TTL/MAN switch.
- Built in motor-zoom with manual control.
- Auto focus (AF) assist.
Supported camera models
* Note that Z6 and Z7 doesn't support the AF assist on the A1X. They will use on-camera LED as AF assist.
Auto-FP needs to be pre-set on camera for HSS to work correctly.
Auto-ISO is not supported.
9 f-stops (2.0-10)
HSS energy range
9 f-stops (2-10)
2.4 GHz (2404 to 2479.3 MHz)
No of sync channels
Normal sync and remote control up to 300 m (1000 ft).
TTL and HSS up to 100 m (330 ft).
Yes, USB micro connector for firmware upgrades
Up to 450 full power flashes
Battery charges in up to 115 minutes
User upgradeable firmware
7.5 cm (2.95 in)
16.5 cm (6.37 in)
10.8 cm (4.25 in)
560 g (1.2 lbs) including battery
Latest firmware updates
09 March, 2020
- No feature changes.
- Minor bugfixes.
20 November, 2019
- Minor bugfixes from previous version C5.
- Mac installer fixed for macOS Catalina.
30 September, 2019
- "On (Transmit only)" is added to the list of user selectable Air settings. If you are using A1/A1X on camera and activate this setting you can use it to trigger and control other lights on selected channel but your A1/A1X cannot be triggered or controlled by others.
- Minor bug fixes.
15 May, 2019
- More Air channels are added. Channel 9-20 are added to previous channels 1-8.
- Redesigned and improved user interface (for the A1).
- Improved save-settings handling.
- Various minor fixes.
30 November, 2018
Profoto A1 for Canon
- The update adds camera compatibility with Canon EOS R.
- Note that EOS R doesn´t support the AF assist on the A1. It will use on-camera LED as AF assist.
Profoto A1 for Nikon
- The update adds camera compatibility with Nikon Z6 and Z7.
- Note that Z6 and Z7 doesn't support the AF assist on the A1. They will use on-camera LED as AF assist.
To access the latest firmware in My Profoto, you need to be logged in and register your product.