Business Manager Profoto AcademySundbyberg, Stockholm, Sweden
Are you passionate about photography and education? Would like to work in an entrepreneurial environment? Then you may be the next Business Manager of Profoto Academy, our newly launched online education business. We offer you the opportunity to build a new business within a larger company in an ever-changing photography industry.
The position is based at Profoto’s HQ in Sundbyberg, Stockholm, Sweden.
Whom we are looking for
We are looking for someone who is equally passionate about photography, online education, and business development. You are an entrepreneurial, self-driven individual who likes to get your hands dirty while keeping the big picture in mind. You have excellent communication skills and are comfortable collaborating with both internal stakeholders as well as external partners and customers.
You will lead a digital business with the purpose of enabling more image creators to develop their craftmanship in photography through lighting.
You will be responsible for defining the online course and workshop roadmap, driving marketing and sales initiatives, developing the full Profoto Academy product offering and rolling it out internationally. You will work closely with our international markets, identifying local business opportunities and developing Academy as a leading online educational platform within the photography industry.
You will be responsible for P&L for the Academy business and will work closely with the E-commerce Manager, the digital and content teams, and with our subsidiaries and distributor markets. Please note that the nature of the role may change as you develop it.
- You hold an MSc in Engineering or Business
- Prefferably you have experience from working with online education and creating/developing educational content
- A passion for photography is a plus
- International experience from working in a consumer industry with B2C
- You are a natural at digital marketing, and you have experience with online lead generation and conversion internationally
- You are a natural leader with strong communication skills
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance
- Structured and comfortable handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate a vision while getting hands on with sales, marketing and administration
- You have personal drive, determination and a can-do attitude
- Comfortable with P&L responsibility
- Demonstrated skills in building well-functioning processes
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt, especially respective on how to market, sell and collaborate
- A true leader and team player
- Communicative and structured, with an understanding of how to work cross-functionally and on a global level, with the ability to drive people in a matrix organisation
- Driven and accountable; delivers projects that comply with high standards, on time, and within budget
- Focused and persistent, with a drive to learn and grow
- Analytical and data-driven in decision-making, exhibits sound business judgment
- Creative, with an understanding or willingness to dig into your target group’s needs and behavior
- Fluent both in Swedish and English, preferably also in another language
Who you are
If you see yourself as the Business Manager Profoto Academy at Profoto, please send your resume, a cover letter, and grade transcripts to email@example.com.
Only applications containing the required documents will be processed. In this recruitment, we work with Lars Janesköld. If you have any questions, please contact Lars Janesköld via email or at +46 (0)70-692 43 12.
Last day for application is 31st of March 2018. Interviews will take place on a continuous basis.
Profoto is more than a brand. Profoto is more than the world-leading light shaping products we make.
Profoto is dedicated to making every image the best it can possibly be by helping the creator bring the very best quality of light to the image. And when you consider there are literally billions of images taken every single day, you start to truly understand the full extent of our commitment to light shaping excellence.
That dedication and passion have been imprinted in our DNA from the very beginning.
50 years ago, our founders Conny Dufgran and Eckhard Heine resolved to make the very best flash for the very best photographers, and they succeeded. That’s a standard that we don’t only aim to maintain, but to surpass.
Because we believe that light is the indispensable heart of all image creation, no matter what the camera, no matter what the situation, the ability to create amazing images is directly linked to the ability to master light shaping.
That core principle is the key to enabling a world filled with incredible images and the purpose of every single light shaping tool we make.
CEO: Anders Hedebark
Headquarters: Sundbyberg, Stockholm
Offices: Tokyo, Hamburg, Paris, London, New York and Toronto