Global Industrialization Engineer at ProfotoSundbyberg
Do you want to enable photographers to turn their ambitions into reality? Do you want to create your own opportunities? Do you want to join Profoto – The Light Shaping Company?
Profoto continues to grow and we are now looking for a Global Industrialization Engineer to join our R&D team. In this role you will be part of our expansion by increasing our manufacturing capabilities, as well as maintaining our high quality standards, at our global EMS suppliers
What we are looking for
If you enjoy working in cross-functional teams, travelling, driving process development and continuous improvements this may be the job for you. In this role you will be the primary link between our R&D department and our EMS partners in Europe and Asia. Expect to spend 50-80 days/year at our manufacturers sites.
We offer you a multicultural environment and count on your good communication skills. As we are set for growth we look for people who have an ambition to grow professionally and embrace change. As this is a new role you will have good possibilities to influence the way we are working in this area.
- secure that the product designs follow DFM/DFA guidelines in product development projects
- be responsible for defining manufacturing tests for assemblies and final product, developing test methods and verifying the correct implementation at the production sites
- follow-up production yields and drive actions to improve them
- review and approve production test maintenance activities
- work closely with our manufacturing partners worldwide to optimize cost, quality and time to market.
- Relevant engineering education (BS/MS in Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar)
- At least 2-3 years experience working with electronic product development and/or manufacturing
- Knowledge of DFM/DFA
- Knowledge about embedded systems
- Fluent in English both verbal and in writing
- Basic hands-on skills in mechanics and electronics
- Experience working at/communicating with production sites
- Good if you:
- have experience with SmarTeam
- have experience with AM systems case management
- are proud Six Sigma Green Belt (or higher!)
Want to join Profoto – The Light Shaping Company?
If you see yourself as the Global Industrialization Engineer at Profoto, please apply by sending your resume and grade transcripts to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applications containing the required documents will be processed. In this recruitment we work with Lars Janesköld Senior Consulting, and if you have any further questions please contact Lars Janesköld on email or on +46 (0)70-692 43 12.
Last day for application is 12 December 2017 Interviews will take place on a continuous basis.
Profoto is more than a brand. Profoto is more than the world-leading light shaping products we make.
Profoto is dedicated to making every image the best it can possibly be by helping the creator of that image bring the very best quality of light to it. And when you consider there are literally billions of images taken every single day, then you start to truly understand the full extent of our commitment to light shaping excellence.
That dedication and passion was imprinted upon our DNA from the very beginning.
50 years ago, our founders Conny Dufgran and Eckhard Heine resolved to make the very best flash for the very best photographers – and they succeeded. That’s a standard that we don’t just aim to maintain – but to surpass.
Because we believe that light is the indispensable heart of all image creation, no matter what the camera, no matter what the situation, the ability to create amazing images is directly linked to the ability to master light shaping.
That core principle is the key to enabling a world filled with incredible images, and the purpose of every single light shaping tool we make.
CEO: Anders Hedebark
Headquarters: Sundbyberg, Stockholm
Offices: Tokyo, Hamburg, Paris, London, New York and Toronto