Principal UX/IxD designerSundbyberg, Sweden
Are you passionate about physical product experiences and digital? Do you want to create great user experiences on and off product? Apply today for a chance to become our Principal UX/IxD designer and take Profoto to the next level.
Profoto is more than a brand. Profoto is more than the world-leading lights and light shapers we make. Our vision is to bring beautiful light in every image. Considering the literally billions of images taken every single day, you start to truly understand the full extent of our commitment to light shaping excellence.
At Profoto you will be participating in building a world leading innovative company. Today we set the standard with our products as the premier choice of professional photography. With a strong commitment to innovation, we aim to remain the leader in our industry. Brilliant ideas, ground breaking research, as well as sustainable and profitable growth of our business, can only come to life with the right people.
At Profoto we only hire the best and we invest in the development of our people to ensure we are an employer of choice for those who value professional development and continuous challenges. We are committed to growth and we want our people to grow with us. To achieve this we offer an ambitious, high quality and demanding culture where we value to have fun together as we build a world class company with a premium brand. We strongly believe that a healthy work life balance, a coaching leadership and individual development are the keys to our success.
At Profoto people work in agile teams and cross functional projects as we always promote cooperation and transparency. We want each team member to see their contribution as a part of the end result of our business – the light shaping of a great picture. We encourage and leverage the entrepreneurial spirit that has made us what we are today. We have a strong focus on value adding activities with the ambition that all employees work with tasks and goals that are directly associated with our core business.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced and passionate UX/IxD designer to join our R&D department where we develop our iconic lights. You will work with our industrial designers and mechanical engineers to create product interfaces. You will also work with our mobile engineering team on an app that can accompany our lights. Additionally you will also assist our web team with design expertise. The split between product, mobile and web will vary over time depending on our roadmap. When we have spikes we bring in consultants with expertise in different areas and it will be your job as Principal UX/IxD to guide the work and collaborate closely with Profoto project managers and product managers.
- Design product on-screen interfaces taking physical controls into consideration
- Design app solutions that extends the user experience to mobile
- Design web and e-commerce solutions that improves usability and conversion on our website
- Drive design methodology, processes and thinking throughout the company
- Collaborate cross functional with hardware and software teams, product management and digital marketing
- System responsibility for the UX of the product and mobile portfolio.
- Minimum 5 years working experience as an UX/IxD designer
- Minimum 3 years experience in lead roles
- Experience from working cross functional in midsize to large companies
- Experience from designing physical product UI
- Experience from designing enterprise level mobile apps
- Experience from web and e-commerce
- Experience form user research and user involvement during the design phase
- Understanding and experience form working for premium brands
- Personal interest and technical understanding of photography is advantageous
- Very strong practical designing skills – sketching, wireframing, prototyping and documentation.
- Very strong practical skills when it comes to user research and user feedback
- Passion for quality and innovation
- In the forefront of the UX/IxD field
- Understanding of what it takes to create luxury user experiences where every detail matters
- A background in both industrial design and digital design is advantageous for this role
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good understanding of written and spoken Swedish
- Must have European citizenship or Swedish working permit
You need to have a relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree.
This position will be based at our headquarters (Profoto AB, Landsvägen 57, Sundbyberg, Sweden) and you will report to R&D Manager Mobile.
Do you want to join Profoto – the light shaping company?
If you see yourself as a Principal UX/UI designer at Profoto , please apply by sending your resume and grade transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applications containing the required documents will be processed. If you have any questions, please contact Lars Janesköld via email or at +46 (0)70-692 43 12.
The last day for application is June 15, 2018. Interviews will take place on a continuous basis.
Profoto is more than a brand. Profoto is more than the world-leading light shaping products we make.
Profoto is dedicated to making every image the best it can possibly be by helping the creator bring the very best quality of light to the image. And when you consider there are literally billions of images taken every single day, you start to truly understand the full extent of our commitment to light shaping excellence.
That dedication and passion have been imprinted in our DNA from the very beginning.
50 years ago, our founders Conny Dufgran and Eckhard Heine resolved to make the very best flash for the very best photographers, and they succeeded. That’s a standard that we don’t only aim to maintain but to surpass.
Because we believe that light is the indispensable heart of all image creation, no matter what the camera, no matter what the situation, the ability to create amazing images is directly linked to the ability to master light shaping.
That core principle is the key to enabling a world filled with incredible images and the purpose of every single light shaping tool we make.
CEO: Anders Hedebark
Headquarters: Sundbyberg, Stockholm
Offices: Tokyo, Hamburg, Paris, London, New York and Toronto