UX DesignerSundbyberg, Stockholm
Do you want to enable photographers to turn their ambitions into reality? Do you want to create your own opportunities? Do you want to join Profoto — The Light Shaping Company?
What we are looking for
Profoto continues to grow and we are now looking for a UX expert to design our Publishingpriset 2018 award-winning Profoto.com and our mobile Apps that are easy and delightful to use. You will combine interfaces and workflows to enhance user experience.
We are convinced that the real-world manifestation of software products that customers see and use is the UX, and that, ultimately, the UX is what brings a product's functionality to life for the user. This makes the UX Designer a key role in the organization – and we are looking for someone that lives and breathes great UX.
A strong portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects is essential. Ultimately, you will make Profoto website and mobile Apps more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers.
As an UX designer at Profoto, you will be responsible for:
- UX – including conceptual design, information architecture, interaction design and visual design – for profoto.com and the Profoto app
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites/app function and look
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Create personas through user research and data
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product owners and development engineers
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Analyzing competitor products and industry trends
- Designing user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Collaborative participation in code review process and help other team members
- MSc in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Proficient in design software
- Problem-solving attitude
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
To be succesful in this role we expect you to be mpathic, to have an analytical mindset, in-depth understanding of UX/UI design, experience conducting user research sessions, understanding of qualitative and user-centered design methodologies, working knowledge of quantitative analysis and statistics, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Want to join Profoto – The Light Shaping Company?
If you see yourself as the Profoto’s future UX Designer, please send an application with your CV, personal letter, and education records from university and high school to our HR Manager Carina Agnekull at email@example.com
Only applications containing the required documents will be processed. If you have any questions, please contact Carina Agnekull via email or at +46 (0)70-857 66 06.
Last day to apply is 5 August 2019. Interviews will take place on a continuous basis.
Profoto is more than a brand. Profoto is more than the world-leading light shaping products we make.
Profoto is dedicated to making every image the best it can possibly be by helping the creator bring the very best quality of light to the image. And when you consider there are literally billions of images taken every single day, you start to truly understand the full extent of our commitment to light shaping excellence. That dedication and passion have been in / have been a part of our DNA from the very beginning.
What we offer
Innovation has secured our position as the leading choice for the world’s best photographers. So, our culture is creative, entrepreneurial, forward thinking and agile. That’s why we’re looking for the very best and the very brightest to help make us better. Talented and driven people who are keen to enter a growing and fast paced environment where responsibility is given early.
As a result, we’ve created a company where high achievers will be given every opportunity to grow, develop, and contribute on an international stage. That is massively important for us because ultimately - your success is our success.
CEO: Anders Hedebark
Headquarters: Sundbyberg, Stockholm
Offices: Tokyo, Hamburg, Paris, London, New York, Shanghai and Toronto