Welcome to Profoto Academy
Profoto Academy is an online learning platform that offers inspiring and practical video courses from some of the best photographers and educators in the world.
The Academy section of our site and course material are currently only available in English.
How to get started with lifestyle photography
Get the tools to get a practical grasp of a project - from vision to execution.
100% satisfaction guaranteed. We offer full refunds up to 14 days after purchase.
About this course
This course is in English.
This course sets you up for a practical grasp of a project – from vision to execution. Emma Svensson walks you through planning, methods, logistics, location scouting, casting, storytelling, composition, directing and posing. She reveals what’s in her kit, her driving motivation to shoot at all, how to achieve a personal style and what lifestyle photography is all about.
Suitable for all levels of knowledge
Duration: 1 h 9 min
What you get in this course
- Instant knowledge on lifestyle photography
- Ability to elevate content from reality to Instagram
- Tools to grow your content business
- Knowledge on how to mix ambient light with flash
Discover how to:
- Create a vision
- Plan a shoot and the logistics around a shoot
- Have efficient storytelling
- Do your casting
- Shoot lifestyle still life/product
- Choose angles and composition
- How to mix ambient light with flash
- Do posing and directing
- Create your personal style
Here are some things that are good to know, as well as useful gear to use for this course. These are simply recommendations, not requirements.
To do the exercises you need at least one light for off-camera use.
For the final hero image in this course we used:
- 1 x light for on- and off-camera use
- Extras: light stands
- Lighting skill level: Suitable for all levels of knowledge
- Camera skill level: Comfortable handling a camera in manual mode
Frequently Asked Questions
A series consists of two or more courses from the same photographer. If you buy a series, you will benefit from a bundled offer for the entire package. Also, when you complete a series, you’ll receive personal feedback from one of our instructors and become a Certified Light Shaper.
No. All our courses are designed to improve your photography, regardless of what equipment you’re using.
As soon as we’ve received payment, you can view or take all your courses online - simply by logging on to the Profoto Academy website. You’ll find your courses at the Profoto Academy start page.