Welkom bij Profoto Academy
Profoto Academy is een online leerplatform dat inspirerende en praktische videocursussen biedt door de beste fotografen en trainers van de wereld.
Het Academy-gedeelte van onze site en het cursusmateriaal is momenteel alleen beschikbaar in het Engels.
How to light a background
100% satisfaction guaranteed. We offer full refunds up to 14 days after purchase.
- What you'll learn
- What you may need
About this course
David creates inspiring cinematic backgrounds, using stunning studio setup and advanced lighting techniques that are easy to implement.
In an atmospheric dawn shoot, David uses flash with a variety of lighting techniques to enhance the background in an exciting and natural way. In the final fashion scenario, David shoots in a beautifully built studio with a four-light setup.
You’ll learn the importance of understanding the different types of shadows and how to shape them. David will show you how to control the light pattern and how it impacts contrast.
What you get in this course
- Online light shaping course
- Downloadable step-by-step guide
- Scenario based teaching with real life photographic shoots
- Unlimited access on all devices
Discover how to:
- Understand self shadows and how to shape thrown shadows
- Make your portraits more dramatic with enhanced backgrounds in an exciting and natural way
- Control the light pattern and understand how it impacts contrast in shadows
Here are some things that are good to know, as well as useful gear to use for this course. These are simply recommendations, not requirements.
To do the exercises you need at least one light for off-camera use.
For the final hero image in this course we used:
- 4 x lights for on- and off-camera use
- 1 x strip box with soft grid
- 1 x soft box with soft grid
- Color gels
- Lighting skill level: Suitable for all levels of knowledge
- Camera skill level: Comfortable handling a camera in manual mode
Frequently Asked Questions
A series consists of three or four courses from the same photographer. If you buy a series, you will benefit from a bundled offer for the entire package. Also, when you complete a series, you’ll receive personal feedback from one of our instructors and become a Certified Light Shaper.
No. All our courses are designed to improve your photography, regardless of what equipment you’re using.
As soon as we’ve received payment, you can view or take all your courses online - simply by logging on to the Profoto Academy website. You’ll find your courses at the Profoto Academy start page.