System Verification ManagerSundbyberg, Stockholm, Sweden
What we are looking for
Profoto is a global premium brand with quality as our foremost priority. We develop lights and light shaping tools, enabling image creators to turn their ambition into reality. As a System Verification Manager you will be a key player to ensure product quality and to strive for Profoto’s vision of delivering great light in every image.
The System Verification Department has the following responsibilities and tasks:
- System verification in all product development/maintenance projects, including SW releases
- Verification of camera compability (whenever new cameras are released)
- Development and maintenance of processes and methods for system verifications
- Drive the development of light/optics knowledge within Profoto
- Maintenance of a system knowledge about our current products and how they interact with cameras and other third-party equipment
- Third line technical support for after sales / customer support matters
- Root cause analysis in quality matters (together with the designers)
- Analysis of competitor equipment
- Development of functional test principles for production (when related to the verification processes)
Aside from the above responsibilities we expect you to:
- Hire, nurture and develop the people in the department
- Work cross functional with relevant departments to achieve common targets
- Plan and control the cost of the department according to the Profoto process.
- Be a member of the Profoto Technology management team
- Project manage larger task within the department
- Perform own work tasks within the scope of the department
System Verification is a department within Technology at Profoto. You will report to the VP of Technology.
To fit well in this role, you should:
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Have very good communication skills in Swedish and English (written and oral)
- At least 5 years work experience in engineering roles close to the technology
- Have at least 2-3 years’ experience within technical system test or símilar
- Have proven leadership experience
- Be familiar in using test equipment such as oscilloscopes, optical sensors, spectrometers, etc.
- Be organized and analytical
- Enjoy working cross-functionally
- Have camera/photographic knowledge
Previous experience in photography is not required but would be merited. You will be responsible for planning and executing system tests where compatibility with different cameras, timing, and light quality measurements are fundamental. Therefore, an interest in photography is a definite plus.
Profoto’s System Verification team is a group of very committed colleagues, and we are continuously improving our methods and processes. We believe in knowledge sharing and growing as a team, and you can expect an open environment and a high dose of nerdy test-talk if you join us.
Want to join Profoto – The Light Shaping Company?
If you see yourself as the System Verification Manager at Profoto, please send an application with your CV, personal letter, and education records from university and high school to our recruiter Lars Janesköld at email@example.com or at +46 (0)70-692 43 12.
Only applications containing the required documents will be processed.
Last day for application is 2018-12-15.
Profoto is more than a brand. Profoto is more than the world-leading light shaping products we make.
Profoto is dedicated to making every image the best it can possibly be by helping the creator bring the very best quality of light to the image. And when you consider there are literally billions of images taken every single day, you start to truly understand the full extent of our commitment to light shaping excellence.
That dedication and passion have been imprinted in our DNA from the very beginning.
50 years ago, our founders Conny Dufgran and Eckhard Heine resolved to make the very best flash for the very best photographers, and they succeeded. That’s a standard that we don’t only aim to maintain, but to surpass.
Because we believe that light is the indispensable heart of all image creation, no matter what the camera, no matter what the situation, the ability to create amazing images is directly linked to the ability to master light shaping.
That core principle is the key to enabling a world filled with incredible images and the purpose of every single light shaping tool we make.
CEO: Anders Hedebark
Headquarters: Sundbyberg, Stockholm
Offices: Tokyo, Hamburg, Paris, London, New York and Toronto