Are you Profoto’s Subsidiary Manager in Japan?Tokyo, Japan
Are you Profoto’s Subsidiary Manager in Japan?
Profoto continues to grow and we see a massive growth potential in the professional and advanced amateur segments therefor we are now searching for a Subsidiary Manager to lead our transformation in Japan. The role is based in Tokyo, Japan, at the offices of Profoto KK.
Whom we are looking for
As Subsidiary Manager, you oversee our Japanese subsidiary reporting to
VP Global Sales located at Profoto Head Quarters in Stockholm Sweden.
- You are a true businessman, ready to lead our team in Japan as the most energetic, fast moving team member, while at the same time adding discipline, business process structure, achieving the business KPI´s.
- You have a passion to lead our transformation from B2B to B2C and develop the best dealer network in the market. You are a talent for challenging salient beliefs and developing new business ideas. Getting these ideas implemented is crucial for our continuous, profitable growth.
- You are ready to develop and implement new business ideas and concepts while at the same time drive the business. Your team will consist of two key account managers, one marketing manager and back end support all reporting directly to you. The Profoto management team in Sweden will challenge and coach you to ensure you have full control of every detail of your implementation of the strategy.
- The Subsidiary Manager is responsible for managing the sales, marketing and operational activities with the objective to maximise the Profoto business in the Subsidiary market.
- In addition to this the Subsidiary Manager is responsible for implementing key account management culture using our planning tools, budgeting and forecasting in accordance with the business cycles.
- The Subsidiary Manager has the responsibility for “hiring and firing” in agreement with VP Global Sales and Profoto management team.
- The Subsidiary Manager is direct responsible for managing the people in within the Profoto Subsidiary meaning executing monthly Business Development Plan’s and yearly Individual Development Plan’s with each employee as per the Profoto HR policy.
Business and sales planning
- Developing and implementing the sales & distribution strategy.
- Effectively managing a multi-channel environment and driving growth in both traditional channels and new channels.
- Market strategy planning: using team members as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Compiling targets and annual agreements/customer budget
- Managing the KAM’s in producing a quarterly account plan for the assigned accounts
- Each quarter creating a 12 months rolling sales plan and forecast.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a Master’s Degree and preferably MBA.
- At least 5-10 years of sales management with a proven ability to work internationally in cross-functional teams.
- Experience from working with indirect sales through distributors/whole sale and dealers
- Leadership and communication skills with proven experience in people management
- Result-oriented mindset and strong track record in delivering business results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be able to travel
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Analytical and Strategic perspective
- Strong desire to grow and develop the business
- Ability to and strong interest to develop online execution and in store with dealers
- Have an open mindset towards change, meaning embracing and continuously initiate and implementing change.
Want to join Profoto – The Light Shaping Company?
If you see yourself as the Subsidiary Manager at Profoto Japan, please send an application with your CV, personal letter, and education records from university and high school to our recruiter Lars Janesköld at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applications containing the required documents will be processed.
Last day for application is 2018-03-15. Interviews will take place on a continuous basis.
Profoto is the leading company in light shaping systems for professional photographers around the world with a growing turnover of around 700 MSEK. Today, we have subsidiaries in New York, London, Tokyo, Paris, Hamburg, Toronto and the Nordics and over 50 distributors worldwide.
Profoto was founded in Stockholm in 1968 by photographer and engineer Eckhard Heine and photography equipment retailer Conny Dufgran. Their relationship began when Conny sold Eckhard a flash unit that didn’t work. Annoyed with the faulty unit, Eckhard went home to invent a new type of flash. He returned a couple of weeks later with a superior unit. A few years after that, Eckhard and Conny exhibited the first Pro-1 generator at the Photokina trade show in Cologne. It was an instant success. Profoto was born. With a bang.
Today, our products are used by the best in the industry. Whether it be on a billboard or in a fashion magazine, there’s a good chance that the image you are looking at was created with the help of our lights. But even though we continuously refine and improve our equipment, we stay true to Eckhard’s and Conny’s ideals.
CEO: Anders Hedebark
Headquarters: Sundbyberg, Stockholm
Offices: Tokyo, Hamburg, Paris, London, New York and Toronto