Data controller and contact information
Profoto AB is the data controller of the personal data we collect when you use our website, buy our products and services, create a My Profoto account and subscribe to our newsletter. For questions or inquiries, please contact us at Profoto AB, Landsvägen 57A, 172 65 Sundbyberg, +46 8 447 53 00, firstname.lastname@example.org and services.
Personal data - definition, collection and use
Personal data is all information that relates directly or indirectly to an identifiable individual person. Profoto collects personal data about you in four different situations:
- When you visit our website – We store and process information about how you use our site. The purpose is to improve your user experience.
- When you create a My Profoto account and subscribe to our newsletter - We store and process first name, surname, email, country and additional information that you can choose to provide to us such as address, interests, products, etc. We also store information about how you use the newsletter, for example if you read it or not. The purpose is to adapt and improve how we treat you as a customer and our service to you.
- When you buy products - We store and process your IP address, first name, surname, delivery address, email and mobile number. If you have a My Profoto account, your purchase history is also stored and processed. For corporate customers, we also save company name and organization number. The purpose is to be able to sell and deliver products to you, as well as improve customer relations and service to you.
- When you buy courses - We store and process your purchase history in addition to the information you have provided to us when you create a My Profoto account. The purpose is to be able to sell and provide education and improve customer service and our service to you.
How we use your personal data
The personal data we collect will be used to:
- Create and administrate your My Profoto account.
- Send important notices to you, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms and conditions and policies. Send newsletters, offers and other news about Profoto's latest product launches, firmware and software updates and upcoming events. If you do not want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out by simply clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletters.
- Help us develop, deliver and improve our products, services, content, advertising and customer communications through internal audits, data analysis and research of the personal data and preferences you provided to us in connection with membership, purchase, lotteries, competitions or other promotional programs, if you participate in such events.
- Help us customize offers and marketing to you as a member, subscriber and customer through analysis of characteristics, habits and behaviors of yours based on the number of purchases, categories of purchases, interests, behavior on the website and in connection with the receipt of our digital marketing.
- Fulfill any obligations we have according to law, for example accounting and tax regulations.
Our processing is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations towards you as a customer and member of My Profoto and for you to be able to receive the benefits stated in our terms and conditions. If you are not willing to provide Profoto with the information requested to perform our contractual obligations towards you as a customer, we will not able to provide you with membership, subscription or delivery of products and services. We also process personal data for marketing purposes, as we have a legitimate commercial interest in marketing our products and services to customers and potential customers. In some cases, Profoto has a legal obligation to process your personal data, for example for accounting purposes and we process your personal data under this legal obligation.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Profoto may disclose and share certain personal data to strategic partners that work with Profoto to provide or improve Profoto products and services or that help Profoto to market its products and services to customers. Personal data will not be shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Profoto may disclose and share personal data with Profoto’s service providers, namely companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, accounting and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your personal data according to data processing agreements.
Protection of personal data
Profoto takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft, misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
When you use some of Profoto products, services or applications or post in a Profoto forum, chat room, or social networking service the personal data you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected or used by them. You are responsible for the personal data you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and e-mail address in a forum posting, that information is then public. Please think about this before using these features and provide information about yourself there.
Profoto makes it easy for you to keep your personal data accurate, complete and up to date. Upon your request, Profoto will rectify your data. If certain conditions are met, Profoto will erase your data or restrict the processing of your data upon request. Profoto is also obligated to, upon your request, confirm whether or not personal data regarding you is being processed as well as give you access to information regarding the processing. You also have the right to receive personal data that has been provided by you to Profoto in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, for example to be able to transmit the data to another data controller. We are obligated to meet a request from you regarding these rights within a one-month period. This period may in some cases be extended by two months. All requests can be made by email: email@example.com
We will retain your personal data for five (5) years after your last contact with us. If you have purchased one of our products, we retain the necessary personal data during the product's life and warranty period.
If you experience an infringement of your rights according to the GDPR, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority of your country of residence, or to The Swedish Data Protection Authority, (http://www.datainspektionen.se/in-english/).
Third-Party sites and services
Profoto’s websites, products, applications and services may contain links to third-party websites, products and services. Profoto does not take any responsibility for the content of such websites and encourage you to obtain information about the privacy policies of such third parties.
Transfer to third countries