Unique locations for classic look - Environmental portraits
100% satisfaction guaranteed. We offer full refunds up to 14 days after purchase.
About this course
This course is about going beyond the traditional and taking your subjects out of their usual environment. At an iconic Venice bar Yervant uses warm artificial light to create the right mood. He balances the light when shooting at dusk and produces astonishing night time portraits of the couple using flash, modelling light and even streetlights. Yervant also shows you how to play with different lenses to include beautiful architecture in your portraits. And you’ll see the importance of preparing and setting up quickly in public places to grab opportunities when both time and light are limited.
Lighting skill level: Basic
Duration: 35 min
What you get in this course
- Online light shaping course
- Scenario based teaching from real life photographic shoots
- Downloadable step-by-step guide
- Unlimited access on all devices
Discover how to:
- Plan and conceptualize a shoot in a public café or bar
- Shoot portraits in an intimate café using modeling lights
- Light and capture a couple in a busy public place
- Balance your exposure between the couple and the sky at dusk
- 1 x light for off-camera use with modelling light
- 1 x beauty dish or similar light modifier of choice
- Lighting skill level: Basic
- No or little experience of off-camera lighting
- Want to start exploring simple lighting techniques
- Camera skill level: Comfortable handling the camera in manual mode
Frequently Asked Questions
A series consists of two or more courses from the same photographer. If you buy a series, you will benefit from a bundled offer for the entire package. Also, when you complete a series, you’ll receive personal feedback from one of our instructors and become a Certified Light Shaper.
No. All our courses are designed to improve your photography, regardless of what equipment you’re using.
As soon as we’ve received payment, you can view or take all your courses online - simply by logging on to the Profoto Academy website. You’ll find your courses at the Profoto Academy start page.