100% satisfaction guaranteed. We offer full refunds up to 14 days after purchase.
About this series
In this series Lindsay will show you how to master studio lighting with some simple, but effective techniques that you can start using today. Find out about photographing beauty by building up your lighting, the creative use of gels and some advanced effects, such as ‘bokeh’. This is a chance to learn from one of the best about how to really stand out in fashion photography with eye catching images. For some examples of stunning images, just take a look at our series gallery below.
Lighting skill level: Intermediate
Duration: 3 h 6 min
What you get in this series
- 3 online courses real life shoots
- Personal feedback directly from Miguel Jacob (Value $100)
- Certification on completion (Value $20)
- 3 downloadable step-by-step PDF guides
Courses in this series
Up close and personal – Beauty lighting
Discover how to build up your lighting from a low key to a high key setup and enhance your beauty photography.
Shape light in color – Lighting with gels
Explore everything from the basics of color theory to more advanced color techniques, using gels in creative ways with stunning results.
From blur to bokeh – Creative fashion lighting
Study some advanced fashion lighting techniques and learn how to add creativity to your studio lighting, such as the soft, hazy ‘bokeh’ effect.
- 3 x lights for off camera use with modelling light
- 1 x beauty dish or similar light modifier of your choice
- 1 x large softbox
- 1 x flag or material of choice to remove or block light
- 3 x light modifiers (e.g. grid, color gels, barndoor)
- Lighting skill level: Intermediate
- Some understanding of flash lighting and how it impacts an image
- Experience of working with additional lighting to achieve a specific look
- Camera skill level: Comfortable handling the camera in manual mode
Courses in this series
Up close and personal – Beauty lightingDiscover how to build up your lighting from a low key to a high key setup and enhance your beauty photography. Read more
Shape light in color - Lighting with gelsExplore everything from the basics of color theory to more advanced color techniques, using gels in creative ways with stunning results. Read more
From blur to bokeh – Creative fashion lightingStudy some advanced fashion lighting techniques and learn how to add creativity to your studio lighting, such as the soft, hazy ‘bokeh’ effect. Read more
Frequently Asked Questions
A series consists of two or more courses from the same photographer. If you buy a series, you will benefit from a bundled offer for the entire package. Also, when you complete a series, you’ll receive personal feedback from one of our instructors and become a Certified Light Shaper.
No. All our courses are designed to improve your photography, regardless of what equipment you’re using.
As soon as we’ve received payment, you can view or take all your courses online - simply by logging on to the Profoto Academy website. You’ll find your courses at the Profoto Academy start page.