Ordinary locations, Extraordinary images
Profoto x Socality
Turning boring into beautiful
We challenged three photographers to step out of their comfort zone and create extraordinary images in ordinary locations, beginning with a dark garage. This is because all too often you find yourself in less than ideal locations or conditions and are still expected to create eye-catching imagery. Watch how these photographers turned boring into beautiful and got creative with just 2 Profoto A10 and minimal time.
Meet the photographers
Nicole Ashley is an international wedding and portrait photographer from Edmonton, Canada with a main focus on intimate weddings and couple portraiture. Nicole usually shoots with natural light and is relatively new to flash.
Jonathan Zoeteman is a portrait and lifestyle photographer from Calgary, Canada with a focus on creative storytelling and conceptual photography. Jonathan is a natural light shooter with minimal artificial lighting or flash experience.
Kate Whyte is a commercial portrait and beauty photographer from Vancouver, Canada with a studio emphasis and a focus on light and detail. Kate regularly uses larger lighting setups but rarely gets to use smaller lighting options and doesn't typically shoot outside the studio.
Do you want to win your own Profoto A10?
Sign up below to get the chance to win a Profoto A10 and you'll never miss the perfect shot again.
Scroll down to read the full terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions
- The contest is arranged by Profoto and is open for participation from July 15 to September 9, 2021. To participate in the contest, participants sign up by entering their details on the sign-up form and tell us which photographer took their favorite image and why.
- There are no geographical limitations to enter this contest.
- The winner will be appointed by a jury comprised of Profoto representatives based on the originality and explanation, why they decided for their favorite photographer. The winner will be contacted via email and the decision cannot be appealed.
- The entry must fulfil all competition requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Profoto.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this contest.
- Participants must be eighteen (18) years old or older as of the date of entry.
- By participating, the contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements.
- Employees of Profoto, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of employees are not eligible to participate in the contest.
- The prize of the contest is a Profoto A10 to the value of $1,095.00 excluding sales tax. The winner can not choose to receive the prize in cash.
- Please note that the winner might be obligated to pay income tax on the value of the prize won and that any and all prize-related expenses are not included as a part of the prize, such as local taxes.
- Profoto shall have no liability for the winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate winner selected.
- Profoto reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Profoto’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the competition. In such case, Profoto may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Profoto. Profoto reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the competition or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Profoto has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the competition, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws.