Welkom bij Profoto Academy
Profoto Academy is een online leerplatform dat inspirerende en praktische videocursussen biedt door de beste fotografen en trainers van de wereld.
Het Academy-gedeelte van onze site en het cursusmateriaal is momenteel alleen beschikbaar in het Engels.
Controlling nature – Outdoor and indoor portraits
100% satisfaction guaranteed. We offer full refunds up to 14 days after purchase.
About this course
Hannah shows you how to create beautiful, natural looking images by mixing ambient light and flash. In the first scenario Hannah photographs a local coffee shop owner in a small indoor space. She demonstrates bouncing techniques with an on-camera flash and how to create early morning sunlight with gels. Shooting a fitness blogger in the second outdoor park scenario, we see how flash allows us to shoot in any situation or weather. Hannah sees what she can do using available light and then introduces flash to increase her creative options, such as choosing direction of light and background.
Lighting skill level: Basic
Duration: 56 min
What you get in this course
- Online light shaping course
- Downloadable step-by-step guide
- Scenario based teaching with real life photographic shoots
- Unlimited access on all devices
Discover how to:
- Use bouncing techniques with an on-camera flash
- Simulate a sunrise or sunset using CTO gel with flash
- Assess available light and the best location for the most flattering shoot
- Choose the type and direction of light with your flash
- Shape the light easily with an off-camera flash
- Control the ambient light using the shutter speed
Here are some things that are good to know, as well as useful gear to use for this course. These are simply recommendations, not requirements.
- 1 x light for on and off-camera use
- 1 x umbrella or similar light modifier of choice
- Lighting skill level: Basic
- No or little experience of off-camera lighting
- Want to start exploring simple lighting techniques
- Camera skill level: Comfortable handling the camera in manual mode
Frequently Asked Questions
A series consists of three or four courses from the same photographer. If you buy a series, you will benefit from a bundled offer for the entire package. Also, when you complete a series, you’ll receive personal feedback from one of our instructors and become a Certified Light Shaper.
No. All our courses are designed to improve your photography, regardless of what equipment you’re using.
As soon as we’ve received payment, you can view or take all your courses online - simply by logging on to the Profoto Academy website. You’ll find your courses at the Profoto Academy start page.