Welkom bij Profoto Academy
Profoto Academy is een online leerplatform dat inspirerende en praktische videocursussen biedt door de beste fotografen en trainers van de wereld.
Het Academy-gedeelte van onze site en het cursusmateriaal is momenteel alleen beschikbaar in het Engels.
How to mix flash with ambient light
100% satisfaction guaranteed. We offer full refunds up to 14 days after purchase.
About this course
David shows you how to create perfect shooting conditions and natural-looking images by means of mixing ambient light with flash.
David photographs a subject in a small indoor space and in a challenging gym environment. He demonstrates how you can easily set the camera for perfect exposure in difficult conditions when mixing flash with ambient light in an easy, safe and controlled way.
Shooting a Hollywood stunt actress, we see how flash allows us to enhance existing conditions while maintaining a natural feel. We also discover how to use the background to light your image in a natural way. These techniques will change the way you work with light and make your images really stand out.
Duration: 51 min
What you get in this course
- Online light shaping course
- Downloadable step-by-step guide
- Scenario based teaching from real life photographic shoots
- Unlimited access on all devices
Discover how to:
- Use bouncing techniques with an on-camera flash
- Match flash with ambient light using gels with flash
- Assess available light
- Handle the most common challenging conditions
- Choose the type and direction of light with your flash
- Shape light easily with an off-camera flash
- Control background blur with aperture
- Control ambient light using shutter speed
Here are some things that are good to know, as well as useful gear to use for this course. These are simply recommendations, not requirements.
To do the exercises you need at least one light for off-camera use.
For the final hero image in this course we used:
- 4 x light for on- and off-camera use
- 1 x strip box
- 1 x color gel
Extras: light stands
- Lighting skill level: Suitable for all levels of knowledge
- Camera skill level: Comfortable handling a camera in manual mode
Frequently Asked Questions
A series consists of two or more courses from the same photographer. If you buy a series, you will benefit from a bundled offer for the entire package. Also, when you complete a series, you’ll receive personal feedback from one of our instructors and become a Certified Light Shaper.
No. All our courses are designed to improve your photography, regardless of what equipment you’re using.
As soon as we’ve received payment, you can view or take all your courses online - simply by logging on to the Profoto Academy website. You’ll find your courses at the Profoto Academy start page.